Hina-doll festival is usually not available to the public as it is a private celebration for daughters at home. But in Murakami, you can stroll through the historical merchant’s town and appreciate the hina-dolls displayed in traditional wooden houses.
Hina-doll festival is celebrated in March. But this town also has other seasonal events such as traditional gardens visit in early summer, summer festival and byobu (painted wind wall) displaying festival in autumn. It is a very cozy town with rich history and culture – perfect for exploring on foot.
• Meet the guide at Niigata station at 10:30. (it’s about 2 hours from Tokyo by bullet train)
• After arriving in Murakami, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (local cuisine)
• Stroll through the town in the afternoon and enjoy the hina-dolls inside traditional houses which locals are living.
• Visit a local sake brewery to take a glimpse into the brewer’s philosophy and approach to sake-brewing and taste fresh sake.
• Depart Murakami station at 17:50
• Return to Ueno station at 21:20
* Fully guided one-day tour. If you prefer to enjoy hot springs and stay in the Niigata region, please let us know.
* Sake brewery visit is available all year round, but tour inside the brewery may not be available depending on the date.
|Tour Type:||Private Tour|
|Price:||Tour fee of ¥72,000/group|
|Tour Fee Includes:||Town walking and local sake brewery visit with an informative guide.|
|Tour Fee Not Included:||Transportation between Niigata and Murakami (¥2,280/return) and lunch (around ¥2,000/pp) are not included in the tour fee. (both cash needed)
*Trabsportation between Tokyo/ Niigata station can be covered by the Japan Rail Pass.
|Duration:||Approx. 5 hours (Excluding transportation to Murakami)|
|Cancellation Policy:||No refunds without exception for no-shows or cancellations within 120 hours of start of tour.|
|Weather:||This tour is not cancelled for weather except in extreme circumstances (e.g., typhoons) in which case we will contact you and refund your payment in full.|
|Physical Activity:||Medium Walking (2~3km)|
*Please wear comfortable shoes.
|Wi-fi:||Public wi-fi is not available along most of the route of this tour.|
|Photos/Protocols:||Your guide will advise but photography is allowed for most parts of the tour.|
|Directions to Starting Point:||Murakami JR station (Niigata Prefecture)|
|Note:||*This tour is available only during March.
*Please indicate any food allergies in advance.
*Information on access to Murakami station and guide contact will be provided after you register.