Sake or rice wine is important beverage to understand Japanese culture and it is produced almost all over Japan. Yes, even in Tokyo. On this tour, we will visit one sake brewery in Tokyo and witness the process of sake making. Once you step into the brewery, you catch the fresh, mellow fragrance of sake. After the tour in the brewery, let’s taste fresh sake and enjoy lunch afterwards.
- Meet the guide at Tokyo station at 10 am.
- Take a local train to the nearest station. During the about one hour ride, our guide will tell you the daily life in Tokyo.
- After walking from the station, you finally arrive at the brewery which was built more than 150 years ago. Enjoy the short lecture and tasting!
- Lunch is available at a restaurant operated by the brewery. Enjoy soba (buckwheat noodle) and other Japanese local cuisines.
- There is a sake shop beside the brewery and you can purchase your favorite bottle.
- Depart the brewery at around 1:30 pm and go back to Tokyo by local train.
* Fully guided one-day tour. If you would like us to arrange other town walking tour in central Tokyo such as Shinjuku or Harajuku, please let us know.
* Car transportation service can be arranged at additional cost.
|Tour size:||2-16 ppl|
|Price:||Tour fee of ¥12,000/pp, all taxes covered.|
|Tour Fee Includes:||Sake tasting and informative commentary guide.|
|Tour Fee Not Included:||Transportationto from/to Haijima (¥1,440/return) and lunch (around ¥1,500/pp, cash needed) are not included in the tour fee.|
|Duration:||Approx. 4-5 hours|
|Cancellation Policy:||No refunds without exception for no-shows or cancellations within 120 hours of start of tour.|
|Weather:||This tour is not cancelled for weather except in extreme circumstances (e.g., typhoons) in which case we will contact you and refund your payment in full.|
|Physical Activity:||Medium walking
(We walk between station and the sake brewery for 15 minutes. If you prefer taking taxi, please mention in advance. Additional cost is about 1,000 yen per ride.)
*IMPORTANT: Please refrain from wearing any perfumes or scents due to requests made by the breweries.
|Wi-fi:||Public wi-fi is not available along most of the route of this tour.|
|Photos/Protocols:||Your guide will advise but photography is allowed for most parts of the tour.|
|Directions to Starting Point:||Tokyo JR station|
|Note:||*Please indicate any food allergies in advance.
*Information on access to Niigata station and guide contact will be provided after you register.