Crisp air and water make winter the best season for sake brewing. On this tour, we will visit two sake breweries and witness the process of sake making. Once you step into the brewery, you catch the fresh, mellow fragrance of sake. After the tour in the brewery, let’s taste fresh sake and compare the different labels.
- Meet the guide at Niigata station (it’s about 2 hours from Tokyo by bullet train)
- Lunch at a local restaurant and enjoy local unique cuisine
- After lunch, visit the first sake brewery and enjoy tasting afterwards.
- Visit a family operated small sake brewery and tasting afterwards. Enjoy the differences of the breweries!
- Visit the sake museum and enjoy dinner as much as you want. Sake from almost all breweries in Niigata region is waiting for you.
- Depart Niigata station at 18:50 (go back to Tokyo by bullet train if not staying in Niigata)
* Fully guided one-day tour. If you would like to enjoy hot springs and stay in the Niigata region, please let us know.
* Car transportation service is provided in Niigata.
|Tour Type:||Private Tour (Up to 8 people due to car capacity)|
|Price:||Tour fee of ¥148,000/group, all taxes covered, including local transportation.|
|Tour Fee Includes:||Local transport by car in the Niigata area, sake tasting and informative commentary and a guide.|
|Tour Fee Not Included:||Transportationto from/to Niigata and lunch (around ¥1,500/pp, cash needed) are not included in the tour fee.
*Trabsportation between Tokyo/ Niigata station can be covered by the Japan Rail Pass.
*Tasting at Sake museum at Niigata station is not included. With 500 yen, you will enjoy three small cups of sake.
|Duration:||Approx. 10 hours (including transportation between Tokyo and Niigata)|
|Cancellation Policy:||No refunds without exception for no-shows or cancellations within 120 hours of start of tour.|
|Weather:||This tour is not cancelled for weather except in extreme circumstances (e.g., typhoons) in which case we will contact you and refund your payment in full.|
|Physical Activity:||Light Walking|
*IMPORTANT: Please refrain from wearing any perfumes or scents due to requests made by the breweries.
|Wi-fi:||Public wi-fi is not available along most of the route of this tour.|
|Photos/Protocols:||Your guide will advise but photography is allowed for most parts of the tour.|
|Directions to Starting Point:||Niigata JR station (Niigata prefecture)
*Pick up service at your hotel is available at additional cost
|Note:||*Please indicate any food allergies in advance.
*Information on access to Niigata station and guide contact will be provided after you register.